Event page| facebook.com/events/694506797294980
Event page| facebook.com/events/694506797294980
New mix brought to you from NYC’s purveyors of all things dark and danceable. Shenan leads you down the rabbit hole into the Pandemonium gloom of throbbing noise, pulsating beats, echoed-out vocals ad infinium, and meowling synths . Occasional lulls that reflect that exact moment of tranquility that suffuses your body when you stop dancing but the serotonin and dopamine is still flowing hard through every vein.
Best played in that sprawling industrial warehouse down the street or your favorite candle-lit, cramped space where the reverberations echoing off the walls cause your dancing body to physically shift with the beats.
This is a mix for sleeping all day and only leaving once the sun has set- just be sure the front door has closed behind you before the sun rises again, cause as Tony Starks growls- “this is architect music”: keep the party going at your place cause your 7th grade bedroom just expanded to include every dancing freak that loves Ministry and Skinny Puppy- embrace it!
[words by Joshua Paul Kelly]
Download here RITUALS MIX030
1. Sewn Leather-America Retarded
2. Streetwalker-Future Fusion
3. Dj Dog Dick-Grease That I Got
4. Sofia Reta -Hornette ft. Louis Sitbon
5. Ah Cama Sotz- Leviathan
6. Gessafelstein- Obsession
7. Esplendor Geometrico- Disco Rojo
8.L.O.T.I.O.N. ft. Ghostface Killah- Computers/The Cham
9. Skull Katalog-Always Running
10.Black Bug- You A Grave
11.Submission-Women Beat Their Men
12. Skinny Puppy – Convulsion
13. Flex 1000-Stay Pretty
So, I suppose it’s fair to say that Star Wars is pretty popular, right? Remember the Cantina scene? Grifters, drifters, and killers milling about to that jazzy, upbeat music. If you’re like me, didn’t it feel a little off; a little out of place, sonically speaking?
I mean, I am well aware of the fact that Prohibition-era gangsters loved the stuff–but this is outer space. Shouldn’t menacing outlaws from galaxies away be vibing out to some weirder tunes?
To these ears, and to this unkempt mind, our comrade Christian accomplished what we think is the (extended) director’s cut version of that iconic scene. Listen along and you’ll feel right at home among intergalactic mercenaries, thieves, and murders.
You may be familiar with Christian from his time served in Cult of Youth and The Hunt. Or just from him scurrying about like the adorable scamp that he is. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Just be certain that you’re aware of all exits in the event of a raid.
Download here RITUALS MIX029
1. The Reverend Jim Jones – Thee Beginning
2. Einstürzende Neubauten w/ Lydia Lunch & Rowland S. Howard – Thirsty Animal
3. Current 93 – Dogun
4. Sentimentale Jugend – 10.5
5. SPK – Epilept:Convulse
6. Crass – What The Fuck
7. Cabaret Voltaire – Yashar
8. Flux Of Pink Indians – Youthful Immortal
9. Mona Mur – My Lie
10. Malaria! – Geld/Money
11. Hit Parade – Here’s What You Find In Any Prison
12. Keine Ahnung – Sentimentale Jugend
13. Communication – Dawn Of Time
14. Data-Bank-A – Stress Factor
15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Cocks ‘N’ Asses
Event page: facebook.com/events/468239199957357
This installment in our mix series comes from a familiar face/name: Sybil Jason aka Minimal Syb aka MY DUDE. She’s DJed for us (and others) in the past and we humbly welcome her back to make yet another fantastic mix for your listening pleasure. Keep up to date on her tinkerings and whatnot at farced.net or soundcloud.com/SybilJason.
Have you ever fantasized about waking up in a mental hospital with no idea how you arrived in such a place? The yelps and moans of your fellow patients (detainees?) echoing throughout the foreboding corridors as you stumble from hall to hall to find an exit. Where are the authorities? Why am I here and (more importantly) how did I get here? Hospital employees only wish to sedate you and return you to your decrepit quarters. Your only chance for freedom is to attack and flee. You sprint past one white door after another praying to find daylight under the maddening flicker of endless fluorescent lights. You’ll likely die before you find that elusive exit, but never stop running. All the while the other patients’ moans continue unabated.
Happy Halloween, I guess.
Tonight, Wednesday, October 30th, we collaborate with the fiends at Nothing Changes for a swell soiree in the dungeon at Home Sweet Home. RITUALS alums and favorites YOU. will provide the live entertainment and our very own Shenan will be holding down the tunes and imploring you to dance or fuck or whatever. Special-bonus-fun DJ sets from the BootBlacks lovelies Alli and Panther.
Download here RITUALS MIX028
1. Herz Juhning – Defense Reaction
2. Κρυπτογράφημα – Πίσω από τον τοίχο
3. Svart – Sår
4. Asmodi Bizarr – Traumland
5. Leitmotiv – Morne Libido
6. Blitz – Flowers & Fire
7. Unsolved Mysteries – Unsolved Mysteries Opening Theme
8. Epee du Bois – Divided
9. Figure Study – Station
10. Yclept Dinmakers – Killjoy
11. Alu – Es Kommt Immer Näher
12. Les Sirènes Débrouillardes – Beware The Siren’s Song
13. Brotman & Short – Daughters of Flame
14. Hysteria – Love Thine Enemy
15. Los Monaguillosh – Voces En La Jungla
16. Nostalgie Eternelle – Coup de Grace
17. A Blaze Colour – An Addict Of Time
18. Funeral Party – A Coeur Joie
19. Klinik – Out Of Line
I watched a little-known movie while at work last night that’s been a favorite of mine for years. That movie is up there with the great sequels of the past fifty years (The Godfather II, The Empire Strikes Back, Ghostbusters 2) as nearly surpassing the greatness of the original. That movie, was Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
After listening to this mix I got to thinking. I doubt I could create a superior reboot (that’s what the “film-sters” call them, right?) of Mr. Cameron and Mr. Schwarzenegger’s magnum opus; but were I given a shot, Shenan’s mix would be the score.
Our sonic tale begins with the dread of witnessing something wicked just beyond the horizon. As your body slowly finds itself overcome by a fear-induced paralysis, SkyNet launches its attack. What you’ll hear next is the sounds of the frenzy of the dying and the living trampling the dead to escape to safety. Skulls crushed under foot in the process so as not to join them. From here, audience members, we cut to the requisite weirdo/mutant/outcast/rebel/misanthrope safe house playing all the weird armageddon-inspired tunes of the current day alongside some fun favorites from the past. Until finally we reach our film’s denouement, and there isn’t a happy ending this time. SkyNet and its army of Terminators cannot be stopped from enslaving mankind and your protagonists opt to check out early on life rather than live under the boot of artificial intelligence.
Fuck you, Brad Fiedel.
Download here RITUALS MIX027
1. Survival – White Flowers
2. Lust For Youth – Chasing the Light
3. Body of Light – Burn As One
4. Black Bug – I don’t like you
5. Imminent Starvation – Lost Highway (Exit)
6. Blessure Grave – 90 plus days
7. Anasazi – Bone Collector
8. SQRM – Fuck to Survive
9. Imminent Starvation – Escape from the Cell
10. Black Bug – Fell In Love With
11. Total Abuse – Electrical Tape
12. ODB – Baby, I got your money
13. Sewn Leather – Bootz for Kikin
14. Tanhauser Gater – Obsession
15. YOU. – Diamonds Everywhere
16. Witness – Hairy Legs Shaved Pussy
17. Hoax – Suicide Pact
Wouldn’t you know it, but one year to the day we started producing these mixes for your listening displeasure; and who better to celebrate one year of bizarre melodies and disturbing tones than our very own Mar Bar. If you remember, she cobbled together the first mix in this series many moons ago. Oh how she’s grown!
As your ears carve through this sonic slab of icy songs, I think you’ll be reminded of that wonderful panic that was the Y2K Bug. Sure, aided by hindsight and thirteen years of fogginess, some will deny any such fears of a technological collapse and a subsequent SkyNet conquering. But I know you’ve still got some canned goods rotting in some cupboard.
I like to imagine said apocalypse actually happened and I’m communicating with you all from some Matrix-style cocoon in suspended animation. But that’s besides the point…kinda.
This offering of shrieks, moans, croonings, and bleeps/bops/skreeeeees will transport you to that night so long ago when you were resigned to this potential fate and celebrated the coming END OF DAYS. We hope you enjoy this mix, and will now kneel before our Artificial Intelligence Overlords.
Download here RITUALS MIX026
1. Absolute Body Control – Untitled 12
2. Skinny Puppy – Glass Houses
3. Alien Sex Fiend – Dead and Buried
4. Sex Gang Children – Sebastiane
5. Pink Turns Blue – Identity House
6. Lowlife – Mother Tongue
7. Holograms – Monolith
8. Pleasure Leftists – Elephant Men
9. Wire – Over Theirs
10. Body of Light – The Leaves Just Disappeared
11. Clan Of Xymox – Going Round
12. The Wake – English Rain
13. X-Mal Deutschland – Hand In Hand
14. Bootblacks – INSTINCT
15. Tones On Tail – Ok This is the Pops
16. Southern Death Cult – False Faces
17. Dead Can Dance – Labour Of Love
18. Tempers – Eyes Wide Wider
19. Rowland S. Howard – Autoluminescent
20. Wymond Miles – Singing the Ending
Pardon the large gap between mixes, comrades. As an offering of our apologies, we present this shadowy, demented mix courtesy of Joshua Strawn of Azar Swan and Vaura.
Joshua has DJed for us in addition to performing back in May with Azar Swan. Needless to say we were excited when he agreed to make this mix and he more than delivered.
When sending this over, he described this collection of songs as “pretty sado,” and we feel that couldn’t be more on the money. Strap on your rubber suit and fetch the ball gag–you’re gonna need them.
Download here RITUALS MIX025
1. Haus Arafna – Satanas and Friends
2. Sleep Museum – Without Foresight
3. Distel – Tide
4. The Klinik – We Are One
5. Herz Jühning – Reopened Eyes
6. Coil – Love’s Secret Domain
7. Rrose – Waterfall (Lucy Remix)
8. Prurient – Let’s Make A Slave
9. Andy Stott – Execution
10. Oneirogen – Mortisomnia